The following principles shall be applied to any function to be developed.
The game is a platform for free role play in an open world medieval fantasy environment.
The main focus is player role plays with player.
Play together not against each other.
The imagination is the limit.
The characters are not bright heroes with unlimited powers. Every character has advantages and serious disadvantages.
Pure evil is strictly limited in time and strength.
The game is not about numbers. The player rarely will see numbers describing the character.
- For example: The health is not 96%, the character simply is unharmed.
Disadvantages are not just role played and can simply be ignored. Disadvantages are anchored in the engine.
- For example: If the character cannot read signposts, the player too cannot.
Dependencies are not linear.
- For example, the additional damage gained through skill gain is not constant over the skill range.
Player creates content - developer creates environment
- For example: Names for towns, mountain, roads, rivers etc. are not defined by the developer. Player can chose and even change it.
Nothing is for ever
- Example: A character which was frequently played years ago and is played rarely now cannot be better forever compared to character which is played frequently now. Earned skills and incentives decrease when not be used.
- Example: Any High score can be taken over by a character which is played frequently now.
Dynamic configurable content before static design
- Example: Trees grow in the forest; the exact place is rarely defined by a developer but by an environment engine. Once cut down a forest it may look different once regrown.
There is a lot to do! Let's leave it ;-).
The development of Anega requires a huge number of different steps.
I organize the tasks with Trello. The necessary steps are in a fluid motion. Since I don’t want to maintain different project organization charts, this page contains a number of core working blocks only.
For details please see the news published every second week.
- Purchase and study Server - Client infrastructure from Unity asset store <== Done use uMMORPG
- Organize directory structure for assets
- Organize license collection
- Git-hub main development environment
- Ticket system
- Test system
Game Mechanics and Content
|Done or at least existing to certain degree||Open or partially existing only|
- Setup DokuWiki
- Setup forum
- Purchase or rent server
- Setup server
- Account system
- Advertising campain
Systems and steps marked with DONE are working but far from perfect. It means more that there is something one can work in a first step. These systems may lack one or another feature as well.
Over the last month I improved my graphics still but these are still lacking.
One day Anega shall become an online game that provides a unique medieval fantasy environment for your own role play.
It’s a platform you can realize your own imagination, no matter if you want to play a bright paladin protecting the weak, adventuring globetrotter, scatterbrained mage, penetrant beggar or want to be famous painter.
We play together not against each other.
Play your role, your imagination is the limit.
Anega is a game under development. The engine based on Unity.
There are a number guidlines for the design:
- No advantage without a disadvantage anywhere else
- Nonlinear dependencies
- Dynamic configurable content before static design
- Player creates content - developer creates environment
Over the last two years a lot have been done alread.
- A LORE was created.
- A lot of POC (proof of concept) were executed.
- Some basic mechanics have been implementd.
- Graphic has been created.
There is a lot to do furthermore.
Vegetation and monster spawns will be fully dynamically.
The starting map shall not contain any predefined settlements. It’s on the player to create build villages and towns. Not maintained buildings will rot and disappear.
Based on the experience with other games there will be some limitations.
A character can’t be everything. Being Jack of all trades is possible, but not a master of all trades. A top fighter can’t be a master crafter and overpowered mage at the same time.
Nothing you reached is forever. States and skills will slowly decrease if not maintained. New and maintained characters will have the chance to become more powerful compared to rarely played character played long time ago.
Since nobody constantly want to be the victim of overpowered villain character, especially player character, pure villain character will be limited by the engine so they can be beaten eventually.
Whoo is the Developer
For the moment Anega is a one man show.
As I had to retire early by activities from extremely high up, I needed to do something.
I played an MMORPG for many years and got involved as developer and editor of a newspaper. Unfortunately, the people in charge were not willing to use what they considered poor knowledge. By the way, the last update of this game with some content dates from May 2019. So why not make a dream come true, a game that has all the features that I prefer?
When Anega will Become a Real Game?
There is no guarantee Anega will fly one day, for the moment it’s a dream I’m working on to become reality.
There are numerous tasks to do, the only thing I can do is start, no matter how poor it will look at the beginning.
Sad to say it is always possible that the one who is responsible for my retirement will finally end everything too soon.
I have a dream, a MMORPG that is a platform for real role-playing.
Role-playing that is not reduced to gathering experience points but focuses on playing together.
Role-playing without counting experience points and yet endless possibilities to develop a character.
Role-playing in a dynamic open world.
A dream, I want to become reality.