I connected the main land map to the game. Where I had before maps with 100 m x 100 m, alone the main land map has now 2 km x 2 km.
Therefor I started with detailed design of some parts. Mainly I build the parts of the main town and shaped the island right in the main town bay.
And I tweaked the vegetation creation by drawing a partially main land vegetation map, adding trees and vegetation seed rules. Currently there are 18 vegetation items, 11 vegetation areas and 56 seed rules.
A full day in Anega takes 8 hours and 15 minutes in real life.
This is the result of a vegetation test over one day with a vegetation cycle 100 times faster than planned. So herbs and trees grow and die much faster.
- Screenshot and Webcam
Player can take the current picture simply by a key and GM can even start a webcam capture procedure what takes every x seconds a new picture.That way I was able to make a movie about the growing vegetation as well.
- Goto and use/pick for items is now available from context menu and stationary UI.
- Time Adaptation
To test light settings I adapted the strange way of moving the time for test purposes. It seems a maniac has created the old solution. Sad to say it was me and I cannot follow up why I did it that strange way.
- Correcting zero settings for all terrains.
- White fog at night if one has night vision became dark.
- Replacing some printf commands by the LogFile class and improve the related messages.
What Comes Next?
That’s a good question
I have a number of possibilities, each promising. In every case I’d need new models as well.
- Build a mine and dungeon
- Build the trader and worker district in the Main Town.
- Create rocks and shape the Main Town castle.
- Extend vegetation items and introduce LOD to existing items reduce load.
- Create weapons such as daggers and maces.
We will see, what attracted me most in two weeks.